unveil

Friday, August 24, 2007

Hi this post is dedicated to all infoscions who arrive to office by bus at 8:30 sharp.

After a long interval I decided to commute by bus one fine morning (fine till I was asleep). Then I woke up and spoiled my morning, anyways somehow I got ready and rushed towards the bus stop. The bus was standing some 200 meters away and last 2 people were getting in, it was the last bus. The situation was of "Do or Die"......"Now or never" and then the last one got in I was still 150 meters away from the bus. I took a crucial decision and started running, barely able to keep my belongings together. The bus lurched forward, I increased my speed but then it stopped. I could feel all the eyes were fixed on me. Finally I got inside the bus and it started to move as I got in. My belongings quite in disarray suffered a serious setback and I lost my dear comb in the process, everything else was intact. I was holding a book, bag, face cream and phone with headset hanging by my shoulder. I found all the people occupying the outer corner seats; they would just turn their legs to one side and offer for me to occupy the dusty window seats. Barely able to keep my balance in the shaking bus I occupied one such window seats dropping my book and face cream on the person's lap (I did that purposefully as he offered me that dusty seat :P). After being tormented by the constant shaking, frequent jerks, traffic jams and dusty roads for atleast half an hour(11kms distance only), the bus finally reached office and people from the bus got added to people on the footpath,” foot" here signifies either one foot at a time or being "one foot" wide I don’t know coz it is barely one foot wide(made even lesser by ISI pipes kept there.) and space enough for only one human foot at a time in line with infy's crowd. Moving an 6 inches per 10 seconds I made it to the gate and joined a line of 25 girls waiting to get through(I counted coz I had nothing better to do)."kal se bus aur jaldi aayegi. Aaj hum 8:34 pe pahunche hain na.", I tried to make out from the speaker's face if she was talking about my bus (I wasn’t wearing a watch). Finally got through the gate and successfully swiped in without standing in the line (I swipe in just once, people swipe in at every attendance recorder present in the building). Thinking of long day ahead I went and stood in long line of foodcourt..Then a long line for collecting food and tea...then to deposit the utensils. It happened when I was standing in line no.2(for food), yes! an accident in intense human traffic and about 4 human bodies collided. One female talking on phone entered the food court from the left door, she walked straight looking at her right side, at the same time another human body with male looks(He was wearing a pink shirt and white trousers, had a pigtail too)was walking towards that female talking to a friend standing on the other side..These two busy souls collided and two more victims walking behind them could not avoid the collision, all 4 exchanged some mutual apologies and parted with "achhe daag". This was the completion of morning queues and annihilation of my morning.
I proceeded to my work with usual thoughts of resignation.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hilarious as ever !
Her usual sarcasm with a bit of exaggeration makes an enjoyable read.This one was grippingly funny right from the first line till the last.Keep it up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home