unveil

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I have been travelling a lot lately, meeting a lot of new people and chatting with them. This blog is inspired by one such conversation I had with someone, whom I met on train.

My long discussions with myself haven’t yielded much just some thoughts I could put into words.
Around me I see a lot of people with problems and I don’t find a single person with no problems at all. Married people and unmarried people, young people and old people, any type of people you name it.
A few of these people asked me if I had any problems, I refused. My refusal was not for ‘having any problems’, rather I refuse to admit I have any problems and next step is to refuse to have any problems at all till they start affecting my very existence on this mother earth.
One tormented soul asked me, what brings happiness. I also wonder about the same.
After a few days this is what I told my new friend ‘the tormented soul’. I said, “Don’t feel guilty about selfishness”.
The soul grimaced and expressed its displeasure at such a ‘grotesque’ thought.
My heart questioned my brain and my brain blamed my mouth to have said it this way.
I smiled at my critique, the tormented soul and asked, “Aren’t humans by nature selfish?”
The soul looked at me with hollow eyes, its dry lips opening up to answer but then it averted its gaze.
Well done! My heart complimented my brain.
“Look everyone wants to be happy and is yet sad because we all depend on others for our happiness. The others is everybody except for you. This ways not only you get rid of the burden of your own happiness but also you get someone to blame for your sorrow. Remember there are choices to be made at every step and being happy or sad is one of them. You will live your life but its your choice to live the present/ repent the past or dread the future. Live your life in moments, this world is full of experiences waiting for the moments of exploration. Set yourself free, O tormented soul and take what this life offers you.
Take care of your loved ones but let it be unconditional. Don’t torture yourself with too many ifs and buts, let your life roll. Look around you, the world is such a great place to be. My dear friend tormented soul if you want to do something for this world, first choose to make yourself happy.”
It looked at me and smiled. “You just preach but you fail to understand, I am very sad.” tormented soul said in a hurt tone.
I again refuse to be moved by those tears or the pain in the voice.
“Is it others who fail to understand us or we refuse to understand ourselves?” I said.
This was the end of this conversation. My heart tried to intervene but was stopped by my brain. Mouth refused to say any more. My brain still kept a question mark in my eyes.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger Rahul said...

I believe happiness or rather true and pure happiness can come only out of simplicity. The more we complicate our lives, the harder it is to keep it simple and hence happy. But then, many a times we become a victim of circumstance and fall into the spiral of complexity losing both simplicity and happiness. All we can try to do is make sure we enjoy the simple pleasures right, a memory of a first kiss, a bike ride in the rain or being a child again in a video game parlor.....

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger shailja agarwal said...

very true....
again its all by choice

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger shweta singh said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Samar said...

life is tragedy in the short run ..in the long run its a zero sum game.Happiness or sadness is a matter of perception. How u interpret events in your life is totally up to you.you are correct when you say that it depends on the choices we make.Events can't be controlled all the time,but their impact on us can be managed.very often,we are sad because we hold on to problems...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home