unveil

Thursday, December 06, 2007

This blog is dedicated to all the movie goers, who watch at least one new release every week.


Disclaimer: This blog expresses my emotions and my own very personal outlook towards the movies, directors or actors I mention here. I do not intend to offend any fans (not the air giving fans). I expresses my deepest consolation to all those who share the same sentiments as mine and my deepest concerns to those who differ.



I also belong to the same breed of movie goers, I speak here of. I watch at least one new release per week or more than that.So these unfortunate events which I mention here started some 1-1.5 month back with the release of 'No Smoking'. I was tired of work all day and I decided to go for night show of legendary movie 'No Smoking'. I was in a jolly good mood and I bought chips and orange juice to accompany me for this upcoming 'awesome' evening. I entered the theatre flashing a smile at doorman but was a bit upset about the fact that I could not
acquire the middle seats. Well at that time I did not know that those seats will only help me survive the catastrophe about to wreck the theatre.

Movie started with handsome John Abraham talking to himself in the mirror. I got the hint that my legendary evening wasn't going to be all that legendary as I had expected but still I
couldn't let go of hope and I opened the packet of chips. As the movie proceeded with unrelated supernatural events. My favourite stars doing all idiotic things and a talented
director turning in to a sadist. The pain became unbearable by the interval and my chips were over too. I relied on the orange juice to survive the shock but that was well distributed among my friends and I got my due share of few drops. After the interval I heard a few people laughing without reason, some crying of pain, children weeping and mobiles ringing. I found solace in my corner seat and decided to have a nap. Well all I want to say is the happiest moment of that evening was the opening of exit doors.

I thought the bad movies were seldom made and I convinced myself that anything like this will not happen in future but history repeated itself with added fury when I went to watch 'Sawariya' inside the theatre I had left the hope of survival and was litrally pulling at my hair when my mom consoled me "Its okay, Honey. all the movies are not like this!!". Is it? I
don't think so and my belief strengthened when i watched 'Goal'. I felt almost dead when Bipasha was trying to seduce John with a very pathetic dialogue "main sundar bhi hu aur main sexy bhi hu!" was john blind? Well after these movies even the thought of movies or cinema hall scares me to death.

I read the feed backs again and again, ask a hell lot of people and do a detailed risk analysis before I buy a 150/- ticket to 'entertainment'. But still there are times when I make mistakes such as 'Aaja Nachle' which could not make my legs move to music but rather empowered them to run out of the cinema in the middle of the movie.

I don't understand why talented directors like Sanjay Leela Bhansali and actors like Madhuri dixit or paresh Rawal are all set to drive people to death. Is India's population such a big threat now?

I really hope the series of unfortunate events would stop but deep down my heart I know once started this never stops.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger LoonyTalk said...

You oughtta be proud of yourself... It is only because of brave souls like you that we petty mortals are saved from the agony of sitting thru some lame ducks! :P
Anywayz, good luck for the next time... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home