unveil

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

This blog of mine is dedicated to all the working female
minorities in the world of men.

I know what it is like to work in a patriarch society and what
all we do for success. Every single working female is
surrounded by an average of five male employees and amongst
all, this poor thing finds solace in a group of her alikes. She
forms all girls group to keep guys at bay and equips herself
with cosmetics and stylish clothing for a little social
service, then finally her group tired of so many public
appearences decides to rest in the impregnable fortress that is
rest room. A female rest room is an all girls area and gives
desired privacyfor such groups to indulge in various
activities. Well! please do not think too much I was trying to mention an
innocent photoshoot. It was friday and I went to rest room for
nature calls but decided to stay a while longer. There was one
such group of 'pretty girls', all in pink. I guess that was
their dress code for the day. One of them was posing for a snap
and the other girl was shooting her with a phone camera. The
girl being photographed was wearing a dark pink suit with
bright green border and golden print work, she was being
referred to as Deepika Padukone. Girls took turns for shooting
and they posed as "Om Shanti Om wali Deepika Padukone". All of
them were very happy. Two of them were leaning on the mirror
when I left. I came out smiling and informed all my female
colleagues of the show. They all stormed the venue and scared
the stars.Rest room is like a deep ocean which has a lot to explore. All
the while I had gone there for classified discussions, breaking
news, abusing freely and a few obvious needs. But that day I
realised I was still in shallow while the depths had remained
unexplored and these girls were doing just the same, exploring
the depths.Something I had failed at.Till that day I had seen
several discussions in process, make ups being touched up and
girls giving themselves a long apreciating look. But Friday's
spectacle has left a mark on me. Since then I had waited for
those deepikas to return but they haven't,still the lesson they
taught us remains.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home