unveil

Thursday, October 04, 2007

This blog is dedicated to HardWork and EOD at Workplace :)

Disclaimer: These are strictly my views and my nightmarish outlook towards work and office.
No offence to anyone. This is completely a figment of imagination, However if you find it close to your experience which I am pretty sure you will, just reagrd me as an oracle. :D

It was 5:30 sharp and I was packing my bags to flee the Dark arena of office, just then somebody called my name from back. "You shouldn’t call anyone from back. That is inauspicious" I yelled as i turned back. I was loaded with stuff...helmet, bag, purse, and headscarf. And there I was facing my PM. "Sorry" he said smiling, “I ll take care not to repeat this", he continued. And then asked me to replace all my stuff at my desk and come to his cubicle. I too shocked to react, did as he said. Moving towards his cubicle I
Prayed to all the gods I remembered and chanted all the invocations I remembered. Inside his cubicle (appeared like an execution room to me), he asked me to take a seat(execution chair). I sat there with a pale face and shivering hands, the place was full of sickening smell of work. I felt drowsy and my PM turned into YamRaj before me, laughing hysterically. 'This is to be completed by today EOD.' he finished. 'Okay', I said and left with a forced smile. He had actually given me the work of updating IPM+ at 5:30.
I returned to my desk, exhausted. 'What happened?', people enquired. I told them and then asked for the inputs. '@#!%& !! EOD is over; it is already 5:45. Tell him you will do it tomorrow and go.’ One suggested with a row of abuses. "No yaar, it will just take 3-4 hours. You should do it" said another.
They were all giving their inputs just then an idea struck me. What if I can leave these walls unnoticed. I picked up my stuff and hurried to the door. 'Hey, you are going to the food court? Can I Join you?’ there he was again. 'Yes! Yes, of course' I said and I went with him to the food court adding an hour to my departure.
As we sat in the foodcourt, my PM got nostalgic about his 'GOOD' old days at office. "We used to work day and night here, once I remember I did not go home for 4 months continuously. I used to sleep for 7 hours in dorm and then back to work everyday.” he said enthusiastically and then went on with horrifying stories of 'HARDWORK', giving me Goosebumps. "Ok then! I leave for home from here, you can go and finish of your work in 'hardly' anytime and then leave. And yes! Drop me a mail
When you leave. Bye", he said and departed without giving me a chance to say anything. I came back to my desk and began with work. Nobody was around; their EOD has been reached, but mine still pending. I started media player and the song being played was one of pink floyd's classic songs 'Coming back to life'.
'Where were you when I was burned and broken?
While the days slipped by from my window watching
And where were you when I was hurt and I was helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun'
I felt as if pink floyd was talking to god in my favor, I also wanted the same answer, where was he, when I was burnt and broken by work? Where was he when i was hanging on my PM's words to decide my EOD? Everything was fruitless, god didn’t answer me. PM was gone, and I had work. Coping with reality I began with work. Alone in the office, I was updating superslow IPM+ and just then housekeeping switched off the lights. It was their EOD, perhaps. I completed the work at 10 but I had no convenience to back so I waited for another hour, till the shuttle timings had been reached. The dark corridors of this war land were covered in my blood and i felt myself a creepy creature in half sense.
I dragged myself to the shuttle and went home with a nice pune darshan of 45 minutes. This was my EOD at 11:40 PM.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger LoonyTalk said...

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you refuse to work after the official work-hours?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home